There are tons of prom dresses under $100 lists out there…but what if you don’t like any of them? My taste is not your taste and my body is not your body so it’s unlikely that we would show up in the same dress! What’s more helpful is where to buy cheap prom dresses so you can take a look at the budget-friendly options yourself!
Here are 4 surprising places to shop for prom plus 5 dresses I would wear (I hope you like them too!). And remember, most dresses can be altered by a tailor for a perfect fit and still come in cheaper than more expensive options.
1. ASOS may not come as much as a surprise. This on-line store has a massive selection of high fashion clothes at affordable prices. They are also a fantastic source of prom hair accessories and fascinators, if you want to get fancy like Kate Middleton.
Check out the prom ideas section for everything you need including shoes, purses, and jewelry. We love this sassy Scuba Bardot Skater Dress for only $65.87, leaving lots of room in the budget to accessorize! There are tons more dress styles available to suit every taste.
2. Modcloth isn’t just for vintage-loving gals! They have affordable frocks in modern, romantic, and retro styles and at affordable prices too. The Cascading Champagne Dress with a bedazzled sheer plunging neckline is red carpet ready and will turn heads. It’s only $94.99 and will look great at future special events.
3. David’s Bridal – Don’t let the name fool you, bridal stores are excellent sources for all kinds of formal dresses. They have a dedicated prom section and even one for prom dresses under $100. Buy online or a store near you. We love this Strapless Chiffon Prom Dress with Sequin Bodice reduced from $199.99 to $99.50!
4. Amazon – Is there anything you can’t get on Amazon these days. Looks like the answer is no! They have an excellent prom dress selection and even a store devoted to cheap prom dresses. Many of these dresses aren’t available in stores so purchase a few, try them on, and return the rest. Check out this DLFashion Sweep Train Beaded Chiffon Prom Dress in a range of colors and up to size 18.
5. Target – Bridesmaid dresses make perfect prom wear. J.Crew is a popular choice but the cheapest dresses are still over $200. So Target to the rescue with similar sleeveless, illusion netting, cap sleeve, and floor length dresses at all under $100. Based on the reviews the fit works for some but not for others but it never hurts to give it a try! Check out the Satin Strapless Maxi Dress or short version.