You can leave your prom hairstyle to the last minute but not the dress! That’s why we’re on the look out for pretty and trend prom dresses for you. It is possible to look like a celebrity for prom and stay on a budget, you just have to know how and where to buy cheap prom dresses, shoes, and accessories.
Here are our top tips plus 5 gorgeous prom dresses under $100 that are all on trend for 2014.
- Scala Sophisticated One Shoulder Mini Dress – Silver is so hot this year and Taylor Swift’s go to color for special events like the most recent Grammy’s. This sassy number is way more comfortable and will look so cute on the dance floor.
- ModCloth Receiving Line Dress – A layer of sequins add sparkle to this navy dress. Get just the right hem length by wearing taller or shorter shoes!
- Red High-Low Strapless Chiffon Prom Dress – High low dresses are on of this year’s prom dress trends and this red version was even featured in Seventeen!
- Sweetheart Twist Knot Bodice with High-Low Hemline – This cute dress combines the trendy chiffon overlay you’ve seen all over the red carpets this year with the high-low hem.
- Colorful Bandage Dress – Curve-hugging bodycon dresses are all the rage right now, especially in the fabulous bandage pattern. It also comes in silver.
How and Where to Buy Cheap Prom Dresses:
Shop early – It can take time to find the deals. Any popular and cheap dresses will go fast and there is limited colors, sizes, and supply for ones that are deeply discounted. Start now and take some time to find on-line deals. Even better, you can shop around, try on a few different styles and options, and have plenty of time to return anything you don’t like.
Shop on sale – TJ Formal and edressme have a huge selection of dresses in regular and plus sizes. Check out their clearance section to get deeply discounted dresses that often come in in double digits. Or shop designer discount sites like Bluefly to get those coveted labels without the price tag.
Try bridal discount stores – Many bridesmaid’s dresses are perfect for prom. There are plenty of stores and websites out there catering to the budget-conscious bride. Check out Yes Bridal and David’s Bridal, which both have dedicated prom sections. David’s Bridal even has a special section for prom dresses under $100.
Get it custom made – Even on a budget, there’s no need to shop off the rack! You can get dresses made to your measurements to ensure that perfect fit and that you get the color and style you want (and you don’t even need to sew it yourself!). Check out the eShakti, Tulle and Chantilly, and Light in the Box for lots of fabulous designs that are tailor made for you.