Prom hairstyles for 2013 are fun, flirty, and romantic. It’s never too early to start thinking about your prom dress and hairstyle. Whether you’re going with a group of friends, long time boyfriend, or hot date, you want to look your best!
Prom (aka grad for all the Canadians out there) is getting closer every day so cut, color, and trim your hair with your prom hairstyle in mind. If you don’t have the length to get the look you want, extensions are always an option.
Here’s how to choose your prom hairstyle:
1. Your Prom Dress
The key to your prom look is to choose a focal point: hair, jewelry, or the neckline of your dress.
- Strapless dresses highlight long tresses, necklines, and collar bones. An updo with hair pulled back and a strapless dress provides a blank canvas for eye-catching jewelry.
- If your hair is the focal point of your look, choose spaghetti straps or a strapless dress and let your hair take center stage. Or if you want your hair down and some jewelry, opt for bling in your hair with some sparkly clips or for some trendy fun, try feathers.
- Short hairstyles works well with an interesting neckline or unique jewelry.
2. Face Shape
The key to working with face shapes is finding the balance that creates the ideal oval shape.
- Curls add width and volume to long faces and soften square faces. Loose curls and long layers frame round faces without adding width.
- Create a new focal point for heart-shaped faces at the eyes and cheekbones with side swept bangs.
- Lengthen a round face with some height at the crown either, with an updo with a poof or curls.
- Those with oval faces versatile faces can select a feature to highlight. An updo draws attention to the neckline while bangs will focus attention toward the eyes.
3. Your Style + Personality
Just like choosing your prom dress, you want to look your best and be comfortable with your prom hairstyle. Whether its feminine and wavy, sleek and modern, edgy and asymmetrical, or totally unique – there is a prom hairstyle that suits every personal style.
- If you wear your hair in a ponytail every day, there are lots of fancy ponytail options. A sleek, high, or ponytail with a pouf takes your everyday look to prom.
- For a more natural or casual look, opt for hair down, half up, or a cute braided hairstyle.
- If you tend to a classic style, try a classic updo or luscious waves.
- Short and medium hair can be dressed up too. Add accessories, glitter, or dazzling jewelry!